Phantom service checks

Rasmus Plewe rplewe at ess.nec.de
Thu Dec 5 15:37:18 CET 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 07:39:30AM -0600, Marc Powell wrote:

[phantom checks]
>    Sounds to me like you have multiple nagios processes running on that
>    machine. Use the init script to stop nagios then ps to verify that you
>    do not have a copy of nagios still running.

Bingo.

>    As far as aggregating notifications, I believe there is something in
>    the contrib directory or documentation to help you with that.

Didn't find anything in the contrib directory at first glance, but
will take a closer look at it and at the docs, thanks for the
pointer. As I don't have much of a problem with those mail masses it's
not my absolute top priority, and if my manager does not like all this
mail he's welcome to free me of other tasks...
But it will become a problem once I start experimenting with pager
notification in the near future.

Regards,
         Rasmus