Monitoring Cisco routers links for up/down status?

Jonathan email-lists at surestorm.com
Thu Dec 5 02:15:22 CET 2002

hi all, hi group,

what you need is to download the perl module SNMP.pm from the modules group Net in CPAN, so, go to search.cpan.org and insert the line (without quotes) "Net/SNMP.pm"

after find a lot of snmp perl modules style-like, find exactly Net/SNMP.pm and download de TGZ compressed BINARY files

download it in you nagios box, in a temp directory using the syntax "tar -zxvf <tgz_file>.tgz", enter the expanded directory and type this...

perl Makefile.PL
make all
make install

if everything goes right you will be able to execute ./check_ifstatus --help

if you need some other perl module just catch the name in the error lines, go to search.cpan.org and repeat the process.

good luck

by!