statusmap.cgi Icons

Robertson, Brown brown.robertson at maac.net
Wed Dec 4 22:02:39 CET 2002

Pete,

The only things I did were to add

xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/test.cfg

to cgi.cfg (only concerned with adding icons to hosts at this point)

and I created test.cfg to which I added lines such as the following:

define hostextinfo{
             	host_name 		Batman
            	notes_url		http://nagios.maac.net/batman.htm
              	icon_image 		FaxServer.png
              	icon_image_alt 	Batman
             	vrml_image 	FaxServer.png
             	statusmap_image 	FaxServer.gd2
	}

(Yes, all our servers are superheroes;-))

Now, in reference to your question about multiple references to an icon for multiple hosts. That's exactly what I did. I created entries such as the above for "every" single host that I wanted a special graphic attributed to. My graphics were located in /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos

Now, the problem I experienced was that some graphic files would show up, while others did not. No rhyme or reason, I just had to experiment with graphic files until I found a collection that would actually show up.

As far as your question marks going away. I would make sure unknown.gd2,png,etc. is not corrupted, and if not, delete all contents of your hostextinfo.cfg file, and remove the xedtemplate reference in your cgi.cfg file. See if it comes back at that point, and possibly start over. I tried not to make too many changes at once, and only added a few hosts at a time. Good luck. Brown.