Distributed SNMP monitoring.

Frater, Greg J gjfrater at bechtel.com
Wed Dec 4 21:27:55 CET 2002

I am working on this issue for our network as we speak (type).  We set out
to add alerting, monitoring, and trending functionality.  We chose Nagios
(great product) for alerting and monitoring.  We intended to use MRTG for
trending and still might, though, currently I am looking at apan (and
others) because it would be great to be able to leverage the Nagios web
front end and the rich set of service checks it provides for data collection
to be able to provide the trending or monitoring over time.

I am new to this whole game so I don't know that I can add to the discussion
other than to say that this is a very relevant topic for us.  And keep up
the good work, we are getting a lot of ooh's and ah's (sp?) when showing
people Nagios.