cgi errors

Paul Impellizzeri pmi at bluegrass.net
Mon Dec 2 21:47:29 CET 2002

I have just finished installing on a FreeBSD 4.7-Stable system.  My config has checked out on the pre-flight check list and my config is clean.

I had to install Perl 5.8.0 because the base install of Perl on FreeBSD is only 5.0.  The system is using the updated perl.

Anytime i try to access one of the .cgi's I see this pop up in the apache error log...

[Mon Dec  2 15:43:04 2002] [error] Unrecognized character \177 at /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi line 1.

this error is the same no matter which one i call.  I am getting an "Internal Server Error" in the browser.

I have tried to search the archives on the mailing list for an answer but the search feature is not working (at least for me) on SourceForge.

Am i missing something here?

Thanks

Paul

---