Antw: gdlib statusmap.cgi not compiling on RH8.0 despite advice here...

Daniel Siegers Daniel.Siegers at bauerverlag.de
Mon Dec 2 13:35:12 CET 2002

Hi,

had the same problem on Suse 8.0

Problem was that libpng rpm was installed under /usr/X11R6/lib.

I don t know why, but ld is not able to find libpng in this dir. I just copied the libpng file over to /usr/lib and everything was fine !

I have all the pathes in ld.so.config, but nothing helped. Copying the files made it !

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Daniel Siegers
Systemadministrator

Heinrich Bauer Dienstleistungs KG
Brieffach 4620
Burchardstraße 11
D-20077 Hamburg

Telefon  +49 (40)-3019-1991
Fax         +49 (40)-3019-140-1991

E-Mail Daniel.Siegers at Bauerverlag.de

>>> Pete Dubler 30.11.2002 01:59 >>>
Nagios is running great here, but I too cannot get the statusmap.cgi to
compile under RH 8.0.
I have studied the archives and seen that others have had the same
problem but after trying everything suggested in the archives, I still
do not get statusmap.cgi and the other cgi's that apparently depend on
gd to compile.

Here is what I have done:

1) gd, png, and jpeg are all already installed on the system.

2) used default config and makes and did not get a statusmap.cgi

3) did a"make clean" (this by the way, deletes config.cache) and then
did a new ./configure using these options: --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib
--with-gd-inc=/usr/lib/include
and then all the makes...
still no joy.

4) cleaned up and tried again... even less joy...

Can I just separately compile the "missing" cgi's (and if so, how exactly)

Anyone gotten this to work under RH8 yet?