system freezes

todd.jones at weirslurry.com todd.jones at weirslurry.com
Thu Aug 29 17:57:10 CEST 2002

I'm having a freezing problem with my nagios box and I do not know if it is
related to nagios or not.  My only tip that it could be nagios is that my
last entry in /var/log/messages was a notification sent out by nagios.
This has happened twice; once last Wednesday and once today.  I'm wondering
if anybody else has experienced similar issues.  Here are my specs.

Nagios v1.0b5
OS: RedHat Linux7.3

Other services: Tomcat, BIND, Samba, ssh, X

Hardware:
     IBM Netfinity
     Dual 1.4Ghz PIII
     2.25GB 133mhz ECC SDRam
     IBM ServRAID 4MX? (2 channel 4 series)
     (3) 36GB IBM 10K SCSI drives

I'm going to call IBM and see if they have had any issues with my hardware.

According to my logs, I've been running the CPU at an average of 5-10% and
the memory usage is about 13% on average.

Regards,

Todd Jones
Network Administrator
Weir Slurry