NSClientEVL

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Tue Aug 27 13:56:48 CEST 2002

i have successfully tested swatch to do this.  Swatch is a log watcher.  i
set up the windows servers to use Backlog and dump events to my Nagios
server.  The syslog on my Nagios server was configured to dump all events
from the windows boxes into a log file (seperate from syslog,etc).  Swatch
was then configured to watch the win-event.log file and when it saw an event
which matched the regex i specified (you could do something really simple
like watching for "Critical" or "Warning") it dumped the appropriate info
into the nagios.cmd pipe.

hope this gets you heading in the right direction,
dean