Passive check strange behaviour

Jose L. Marcos jose-louis.marcos at cnes.fr
Mon Aug 26 18:52:18 CEST 2002

Jose L. Marcos wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've defined a passive check to monitor EMS (HP-UX) Hardware
> notification messages. Basically, I've defined a PERL Handle on each
> HPUX clients that make a send_nsca on a passive check service.

My mistake I guess : the behaviour pictured in my first message was due
to me ! :-(

I clicked on 'Enable Checks Of All Services On This Host' instead of
clicking on 'Schedule An Immediate Check Of All Services On This Host'...

I've one real (well... I hope so) question : when defining a 'passive
check' (actually i've 2 defined for one host) shouldn't they appear in
the 'Passive Checks' box on the 'Tactical Overview' display ?

I've mine in the 'Active Checks' box : showed in red as '2 Services
Disabled'...

Sorry for my first message, and thanx in advance for any pointer to this
one...

--
	Jose Luis

    Y no llegaste a quererme, y eran mis cinco sentidos
     Y no llegaste a quererme, y que desgraciaito he sido
      Y que ha tenido que aborrecerte tanto como te ha querido (Camaron)