Dumb Question

Rusch, Daniel Daniel.Rusch at GlobalCrossing.com
Fri Aug 23 15:00:12 CEST 2002

Is there a way to see exactly what command is that nagios is attempting to
execute

For example, I have the following check_nrpe command defined and a service
defined that uses the check_nrpe command:

# 'check_nrpe' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_nrpe
        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe $HOSTADDRESS$
-p 5666 -c $ARG1$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$ $ARG4$ $ARG5$
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to
 use

        host_name                       hal9000
        service_description             remote nrpe
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  testbert
        notification_interval           30
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_users!-w!10!-c!20
	}

I ASSUME that nagios is executing /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe
hal9000 -p 5666 -c check_users -w 10 -c 20

But is there a way to confirm that that is what it is actually executing??

Thanks