service dependency problems

Atul Gosain atul at mindsw.com
Fri Aug 23 13:34:29 CEST 2002

Sir

I have been trying to setup service dependencies but unable to do that.
Suppose for my host term2, i have created the dependency of Http service
on ping service of term2.
term2 is being monitored by the nagios host.When term2 is down, even then
the nagios checks the Http service , when it should not do that. Similarly
i had defined many more services dependent on ping but they are checked
even then.
Does it matter that if the other dependencies are defined for services of
other hosts above the service dependencies of term2, then may be
dependencies of term2 are not checked.I mean that does the order in whgich
service dependencies are defined in dependencies.cfg matter??
Please help solve my problem.

Thanks
Atul.

--