Why do I get 2 notification messages for every problem?

Paul Cochrane paul at tortc.tuht.scot.nhs.uk
Fri Aug 23 12:38:14 CEST 2002

Anyone any idea why I get 2 messages for every failure? It sends
out both a Host up alert and a problem.recovery alert. I only need
one message to tell me when something is wrong!!

example host.cfg:
define host {
host_name                      RouterA
alias                          RouterA
address                        192.168.1.4
max_check_attempts             10
notification_interval          480
notification_period            24x7
notification_options           d,r
check_command                  check-host-alive
parents                         Linux_Servers
}

example service:
define service {
host_name
RouterA,RouterB,TORTserver,SQLserver,Retis,Maryfi
eld_WWW_Server,Uni_WWW_Server,Retis_WWW_Server
service_description            WWW Server Check
check_command                  check_http
max_check_attempts             3
normal_check_interval          5
retry_check_interval           1
check_period                   24x7
notification_interval          120
notification_period            workhours
notification_options           c,r
contact_groups                 Network-Admins
}

Sorry if this is a FAQ!!!!
Paul Cochrane         |       Tayside Orthopaedic &         |
                      | Rehabilitation Technology Centre    |
                      | Ninewells Hospital & Med. School    |
                      | Dundee, Scotland, UK.               |
                      | DD1 9SY.                            |