Tomcat / MySQL

Brian Whitehead brian.whitehead at digitalevergreen.com
Thu Aug 22 21:10:39 CEST 2002

Just wondering if anyone has written a plug-in to monitor Tomcat or
MySQL.  We've been using BB for a while and we have a simple .jsp that
just makes a connection to the MySQL db. and returns a simple status
message in the form of an html page. (Status green or red)  This kills
two birds with one stone.  It gives a status on the MySQL connection and
then the BB server is the one making the request to the .jsp, so it
finds out if Tomcat is working.  We have several java apps running on
different servers with MySQL backends.  I really need this piece of the
puzzle to completely migrate to Nagios.

--
Brian Whitehead - A+, LCP, RHCE
Systems Administrator