mail notifications

todd.jones at weirslurry.com todd.jones at weirslurry.com
Thu Aug 22 20:19:56 CEST 2002

I'm not sure I understand how sending my Email to my Internet gateway would
be of any help.  My Internet gateway is not a device which can relay mail
to the Internet.  Please let me know if I have misunderstood.

My plan is to use the nagios box as an smtp server.  If this box was on the
Internet, I believe this would be moot.  However, it is not and cannot be
on the Internet.

I'm trying to have the Email notifications going from the nagios box go out
as being from 'nagios at tds.net'.  I know this will work out fine, if I can
figure out how to do it as I've sent Email from an smtp client in this
manner successfully.

Regards,

Todd Jones
Network Administrator
Weir Slurry
608.221.5805 phone
----- Forwarded by Todd E Jones/US/WAR/Weir on 08/22/2002 01:14 PM -----

                    Memo From:
                    Aleksey                                From loehmanns.com
                    Domorad              To:     "'todd.jones at weirslurry.com'" <todd.jones at weirslurry.com>
                    <Aleksey at loehm       cc:
                    anns.com>            Subject:     RE: [Nagios-users] mail notifications

                    Sent:
                    08/22/2002
                    01:01 PM

Does your corporate network has a Firewall or similar gateway to the
internet. If you do have a FireWall then just route your Email to that
Firewall and use your Nagios box as SMTP server

This is what I do at my place