Trying to get Nagios going!

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Thu Aug 22 10:37:24 CEST 2002

Arrgh! This is similar the error I'm getting! I'll reiterate Warren's
request :)

Nagios completes it's pre-flight checks (-v) all OK, then I start it
manually and it opens the log file fine, I can browse the main web page and
the documentation, then when I try to access any monitoring page I get this:

Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Under the reporting menu, I get the same message up to the Alert History
link, when viola! I can see the history of what nagios has been trying to
do (with my dummy alert monitors etc) Through the web interface I can view
all the configuration objects that i've put in, so I know that is working.

I've checked all the config information and can't find any errors. And
ideas about the above?

Thanks,

At 17:45 22/08/2002, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am trying install Nagios everything 'seems' to install OK but when I
>connect to the server through my browser from a remote PC I get the
>following error:
>
>Error: Could not open CGI config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg' for
>reading!
>
>I think I have checked all the paths etc and I am unable to find an error.
>Obviously there is a problem here. Appreciate any pointers you can give me.
>
>regards
>
>Warren

Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer
Student Support and Systems
Teaching and Learning Support Systems, QUT
g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Ph: 07 3864 8276 Fax: 07 3864 5425
Mob: 0416 001 674 SD: 6147