Fail Over/vent handlers not working.

Roberto Moral roberto at quantiva.com
Fri Aug 16 20:45:56 CEST 2002

Hello there,

I am trying to set up a basic fail over procedure following the steps
outlined in the Documentation and using the scripts provided in the
distribution ( Nagios 1.0b5).

Monitoring the master hosts and the Nagios process in the master log
works, and I see the event handler being called
(handle-master-proc-event, handle-master-host-event). However fail over
doesn't happen, after debugging the scripts (handle-master-proc-event,
handle-master-host-event) I found out that the event doesn't pass the
state of the master server to the script, this is easy to find out by
putting a echo $1 $2 before the case statement and sending that to a
file, after Nagios detecting the problem and issuing the handler event
the file gets created but it is empty (no arguments are passed by event
handler).

If I run the scripts manually passing the right parameters and it worked
without a problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this behavior?

Roberto Moral
SR. UNIX Systems Administrator