check_by_ssh

jmarquart at planalytics.com jmarquart at planalytics.com
Fri Aug 16 19:35:52 CEST 2002

Hmm that answers a problem i have had - which convinced me to run check_by_ssh
form the netsaint plugin package.

simple usage help (i.e. check_by_ssh w/out any args) - says that you can omit
the -C - that the -C is only needed to run passive mode - multiple checks.

with the netsaint plugins - it functions correctly that way as well

so - it the nagios plugin wrong when it says:

check_by_ssh [-f] [-t timeout] [--i identity] [-l user] -H <host> <command> ...

or is it just that without the -C - it has trouble parsing the command?

also - does anyone have an instance of using multiple -C for passive mode?
(and is it a passive check? or some other passive mode?

-john

Gunnar Hellekson <ghelleks at mac.com> on 08/16/2002 01:22:12 PM