Upgrading

terry galimore at mac.com
Fri Aug 16 04:16:45 CEST 2002

I'm not sure what you mean...

If you're already running Nagios, and you want to upgrade, you should
be able to just do it.

Nagios won't erase configs that you've added to it's directories...
that would royally suck!

It *might* replace files that you've edited that it relies on though.

What files are you specifically worried about?

I upgrade every time a new release comes out without moving anything.
I just do:

./configure --with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include
--with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib
make all
make install
make install-html

And life goes on.

If you had edited.... say, side.html in html directory
(/usr/local/nagios/share/ by default) then I can see it replacing your
edited share.html with a new version, but I shouldn't replace any files
you've added to the Nagios directories.

Hope that helps.

- Terry