System Crashing

mmcclure at pneservices.com mmcclure at pneservices.com
Fri Aug 16 04:17:17 CEST 2002

That's a good idea.  In general, I start with the physical layer first
when troubleshooting network issues.  Verify the cabling and NICs are
good and work with other systems without problems.

Then, check the data-link layer, such as hubs or switches, etc.  Are the
Ethernet frames getting through?

Next, the network and transport layers.  Routers, firewalls, host OSes.

Mike McClure, CCIE # 5125, CISSP # 30232
PNE Services, Inc.  http://www.pneservices.com
mmcclure at pneservices.com