System Crashing

Joe Giles jgiles at joeman1.com
Thu Aug 15 13:46:38 CEST 2002

List,
Is there any componet in Nagios that COULD cause your system to loose one of your ETH devices? Since I have installed Nagios, I runs great, but I keep loosing ETH0. I have to do a ifup on that device to bring it back. Today, I had to reboot to bring it back. When Im not using the Nagios, the system runs fine. Im using the INIT script that get created with you do a make install-init.

I would like to continue using the product, but I cant have my server down. Any help or insight would be great.

Thanks.

Background on the Server:
RedHat 7.3
Using Apache, MySQL, ACID, Snort, DHCP, IPCHAINS with MASQ, 2 NIC's One on a public interface and One on Private. All Red Hat Network Updates Including the new Kernel. Let me know if you need additional info.

Joe Giles
jgiles at joeman1.com
AOL ID: mcigiles