Do you know what really sucks?

Wilcox, Chris wilcoxc at troycorp.com
Thu Aug 15 22:55:18 CEST 2002

When I configured Netsaint [Hostname]'s I used spaces.

So none of my *.cfg files converted well using the convertcfg util.  No
problem just go through the original hosts.cfg file and put hyphen's in for
spaces and run convertcfg util again.  Worked really that time...

But here's the kicker...all of my Log files have the old Hostnames,
effectively I lose all of my old logs until I can parse through it with a
script and fix the name. (and I thought I was going to get away with no
scripting)

Does anybody have a script already built to find and replace?

Chris.