Monitoring Individual Programs

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Thu Aug 15 17:59:53 CEST 2002

It would be fairly simple to write a plugin to do this.  I don't think
one currently exists in the plugins package... at least, there doesn't
appear to be one in my libexec directory.

Do you happen to know any perl?

All you really have to do is call something like...   ps a | grep
path_to_process   from a script and then check the returned data to see
if your process is in the list.

If it is, then you return an OK status, otherwise you return Critical
(or even Warning).

HTH

- Terry