Availability Report

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Thu Aug 15 17:08:08 CEST 2002

In the graphs, hosts will ALWAYS be undetermined unless a service check
has failed on that box.  Host checks never run unless a service on that
hosts fails.  on the status screen, this shows up as Host OK Assumed to
be up.  However, in the graphs, since there is no real host data (not
host checks have occurred), it shows up as undetermined.  The easy way
to fix this is on the Select Report Options step, changed the Assumed
State drop to Host UP instead of unspecified.  This will change those
undetermineds to OK, which is really the case because they are up (all
their services are up, so they must be up), they just haven't been checked.

-Russell

--
Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.