Using Nagios with RRD/NRG

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Thu Aug 15 07:11:12 CEST 2002

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use Nagios with NRG, an RRD frontend by Steve Rader. I see
that
> Nagios works with MRTG (mrtgtraf). Has anyone made it work with RRD files?
>
> How much beer would it take to convince someone to do it?
>
> cheers!

Jamie -

    Geez, give me enough beer and you can convince me that I really *can*
kick butt on that 400lb, 6'7" wrestler at the other end of the bar!
   :-)

I think the guy that made cacti made a Netsaint interface to RRD, actually.
http://www.raxnet.net/products/cacti/additional_scripts.php <---the URL for
his additional scripts.

I dunno if it requires cacti or not, but cacti seems pretty cool anyway. :)

By the way.. I prefer Rogue Ales (from Newport, Oregon) - feel free to send
some this way ;)