Unable to install nagiosplugins...

John Sellens jsellens at generalconcepts.com
Wed Aug 14 04:04:49 CEST 2002

| From: Colin Harford <colin.harford at mail.su.ualberta.ca>
| Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:54:11 -0400

| (ardennes!/opt/nagios/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1) [root-ttyp1]
| # gmake
| cd . &&
| /bin/sh: syntax error: unexpected EOF
| gmake: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

I think there's a problem in the dates on some of the automake-ish
files in the 1.3-beta1 distribution (which I reported to the
nagiosplug-devel list earlier today).

The "cd . &&" command is trying to run automake or aclocal, which
you likely don't have on your system.

Try this, which worked for me on a couple of machines:

    gunzip < nagiosplug-1.3-beta1.tar.gz | tar xf -
    cd nagiosplug-1.3-beta1
    touch aclocal.m4; sleep 1
    touch Makefile.in; sleep 1
    touch configure; sleep 1
    ./configure
    gmake

Doing the "touch" commands avoids having make want to run automake
and friends.

Cheers!

John
jsellens at generalconcepts.com