check_fping incorrectly reporting hosts as OK

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Tue Aug 13 21:36:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting check_fping to report the status of a
host correctly to Nagios. The problem that exists as follows when using
check_fping to contact a host that I know is unreachable.

./check_fping deadhost
FPING OK - deadhost (loss=100.000000%, rta=0.000000 ms)

fping -v returns the following:

fping: Version 2.4b2_to $Date: 2002/01/16 00:33:42 $
fping: comments to david at remote.net

Is there something I'm missing here? Does check_fping need some special
arguments to work properly in checkcommands.cfg?

Myke Place
mp at xmission.com
801.539.0852
www.radiojournal.org