Server Descriptions?

Bill Hudson bill at rmp.com
Tue Aug 13 17:10:20 CEST 2002

Jason Yates wrote:
> Can server descriptions be displayed on the host information page?  Giving
> information like OS Version, type of server, ram, cpu, etc.  Basically,  I
> need this for inventory purposes.

You can display whatever information you like in the "additional notes"
for each server.  You specify a URL in the "notes_url" directive of each
server entry in hostextinfo.cfg

I use this to not only display information on each host, but to hook
into a custom cgi that allows the nagios user to perform basic tests
like ping, traceroute, nmap, etc.

--
Bill Hudson
Information Systems Manager; Robert Mann Packaging, Inc

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship,
support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and
the success of liberty." - President John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address,
January 20, 1961