template configs on single line?

nathan nathan at sysadminsith.org
Tue Aug 13 17:05:37 CEST 2002

I've rtfmed and couldn't find any mention of this so here goes....

Current to define a host I have something like this:
define host{
	use	generic-host
	host_name	my-box
	alias		My Really Neato Box
	address		127.0.0.1
	}

Since now I am looking at adding ~400 hosts to Nagios I'm wondering if there
is a way to condense the config for a host to a single line for ease of
adding/removing hosts via scripts. Something like this:

define host{use generic-host;host_name [...] 127.0.0.1; }

I love the power and simplicity of template configs, but the default objects
are still ahead in my mind for ease of tinkering with via scripts.

Thanks,

--
Nathan