[naemon-users] Release 1.0.7

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de
Tue Jun 5 11:24:34 CEST 2018

Hi list,

i am happy to announce the 1.0.7 release of the naemon project. Read the news here:
http://www.naemon.org/project/2018/06/01/release-1.0.7.html

We completed changing our infratstructure and reworked packaging completly, so releasing
new updates will be much less pain than it was before.

Downloads are available here: http://www.naemon.org/download/ as well as via the Consol
repository at https://labs.consol.de/repo/stable/
We are also working on migrating the repository builds over to opensuse build server at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:naemon

Changelog is a follows:

1.0.7 - Jun 01 2018
===================
Features:
  * Allow circular dependencies in Naemons host graph (experimental)

Changed:
  * Do not verify config when starting daemon
  * first_notification_delay starts on last hard change instead of last ok

Bugfixes:
  * Fix various memory leaks (#200, #189)
  * Fix newline escaping for check results (#153)
  * Fix segfault when there is no eventbroker
  * Fix segfault on invalid host_notification_commands (#213)
  * Fix external command CHANGE_SVC_MODATTR (#174)
  * Fix compilation with GCC 7 & 8 (#184, #228, #229)
  * Fix notification is sent even if a service is in a schedule flexible downtime
  * Fix triggered scheduled downtime is removed
  * Fix downtime comment ids increment on reload
  * Output an error exit code if daemonization fails instead OK
  * Restart Naemon on SIGHUP instead of killing (#192)
  * Fix Naemon killing wrong processes if PID wrap-around is too short (#211)
  * Reload: fix defunct processes after reload (#150)
  * Fix quoting in systemd startpre command (#204)
  * Make systemd startup cleaner
  * Fix logrotate on EL7
  * Do not use errno set by function calls in a library
  * Documentation fix for Sticky Acknowledgments
  * Make nm_g_log_handler_id extern. Fixes issue when including logging.h in external modules

Removed:
  * shadownaemon
  * distributed-monitoring from the contrib/eventhandlers folder

Other:
  * Decouple core, livestatus and thruk
  * Add more timing points
  * Undeprecate check_result_path
  * Remove NICE from systemd
  * Format service timeout print to use the same format as host timeouts (#168)
  * Lower wproc log level to debug_info
  * Do not log timeouts 3 times for every timeout
  * Add log message that explains why a service changes directly hard down state when the host is down
  * make buildopts.h depend on Makefile
  * version: append date to daily git builds

Cheers,
 Sven

Sven Nierlein             Sven.Nierlein at consol.de
ConSol* GmbH              http://www.consol.de
Franziskanerstrasse 38    Tel.:089/45841-439
81669 Muenchen            Fax.:089/45841-111