[naemon-users] Trying to build naemon-livestatus

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Sat Aug 20 22:26:13 CEST 2016

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016, Edgar Matzinger wrote:
> naemon-livestatus$ autoreconf -s
> configure.ac:49: error: required file './ltmain.sh' not found
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
> naemon-livestatus$ automake --add-missing

While the README indeed suggest to run "autoreconf -s" and then "automake
--add-missing", this didn't work here either and failed with the same
errors. But running "autoreconf -si" (w/o an additional "automake" step)
helped in my case (Linux Debian/Jessie, amd64). This:

$ sudo apt-get install automake g++ gcc icu-devtools libcppunit-dev libtool make naemon-dev pkg-config
$ autoreconf -si && ./configure --prefix=/opt/naemon-livestatus && make

...worked for me.

HTH,
Christian.

PS: Installing hardening-{includes,wrapper} and setting
    DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 prints some warn_unused_result warnings, but
    the build succeeds anyway ;-)
--
BOFH excuse #237:

Plate voltage too low on demodulator tube