[naemon-dev] Building naemon for SLES11 on the openSUSE OpenBuildService

Johannes Kastl kastl at b1-systems.de
Tue May 9 11:23:15 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build the naemon package on the openSUSE OpenBuildService
for SLES12 and SLES11.

> https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:ojkastl_buildservice:Naemon_upstream

I encounter one issue when building for SLES11:

[  108s]
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:
cannot find -lnaemon
[  108s] collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Seems like somehow the linker can't find the naemon files. Is something
missing in the configure step?

The full build log is here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:ojkastl_buildservice:Naemon_upstream/SLE_11_SP4/x86_64/naemon/_log

The spec file I use is based on the one from the sources, which I
adapted to allow building on OBS (which works for SLES12).

For SLES11 I changed the %make call from
	%{__make} %{?_smp_mflags} -j 1 all
	%{__make} %{?_smp_mflags} -w all

(to get rid of the warnings-as-errors thingy).

Any hints on how to solve this? I know I could use the upstream RPMs for
SLES11, but I was curious how the got built?

Thanks in advance.

Johannes

--
Johannes Kastl