[naemon-dev] Naemon Versions

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de
Thu Mar 19 14:55:33 CET 2015

On 16/03/15 18:26, Andrew Voce wrote:
> I am wondering about the versions of Naemon and where the project stands. Installing from source and from package Naemon 1.0.0 leads me to believe I have 1.0.0 installed. But using `/usr/bin/naemon --version` outputs "Naemon Core 0.9.1-source". So if the core is 0.9.1 but the project is at 1.0.0, where is the discrepancy?
>
> http://www.naemon.org/ Reads "The latest version of Naemon is 1.0.0, released 13 Feb 2015." That sounds great but the changelog which is linked underneath does not mention the 1.0.0 release, in fact only has 0.9.1 that was released on January 8th. The line right above that links to github and reads "See upcoming changes from the next version on github". This is the URL: https://github.com/naemon/naemon-core/blob/master/NEWS . This news page only references 0.8 from February 13th 2014 and totally neglects 0.9.1 and 1.0.0.
>
> As you can see, I'm a little bit confused about this. Here at this university we maintain version control using project source code and not packages. This discrepancy makes it difficult for us to know what version is installed and what changed from version to version. Please let me know where Naemon stands with regards to version control and when the website will be updated to reflect this.
>
> - Andrew

Hi Andrew,

the latest version is the 1.0. The Debian packages show up as 0.9.1, however they are in fact the 1.0 too. There has been an error
while building the release packages. Next release will fix that.
I just updated the NEWS file, however, the naemon-core/NEWS file only reflects changes from the naemon core, so you might want
to check https://github.com/sni/Thruk/blob/master/Changes too, which contains all the gui changes.

Cheers,
 Sven

Sven Nierlein             Sven.Nierlein at consol.de
ConSol* GmbH              http://www.consol.de
Franziskanerstrasse 38    Tel.:089/45841-439
81669 Muenchen            Fax.:089/45841-111