[naemon-dev] Turn-key docker image

Terence Kent terencekent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 20:55:39 CEST 2015

Hello,

We recently went through a migration of our data centers and took the opportunity to move our entire infrastructure over to Docker. In that process, we also swapped out our Nagios installations for Naemon. It just seemed like the right time to replace Nagios, and Naemon has performed very well once we got around a bunch of installation/setup issues.

In an attempt to be a good open source citizen, we made our Docker image generic and made sure it could be configured with just a handful of parameters. In our opinion, this image is now the easiest way to get a Naemon installation up and going with common features (email/jabber notifications, HTTPS thruk support, and LDAP authentication).

If there is any interest here, we’re happy to make modifications based project needs and/or turn the project over. Here are the relevant links:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/xetusoss/naemon/ <https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/xetusoss/naemon/>
https://github.com/xetus-oss/docker-naemon <https://github.com/xetus-oss/docker-naemon>

Best,
Terence