[naemon-dev] Naemon daemon memory utilization

Jason Cook jasonc at liquidgravity.com
Tue May 13 15:59:02 CEST 2014

>> On 07/05/14 16:37, Jason Cook wrote:
>>>
>>> Yep, the Naemon core process definitely is the one that grows and is 100% reproducible for me. It grows to the max available memory on the box, then gets OOM killed. Doesn't happen when mod_gearman isn't enabled. I've seen it may also be happening with Nagios 4 as well, but haven't tested it myself.
>>>
>>> Test environment is RHEL 6u4.
>>>
>>> The valgrind log wasn't mine, but we seem to have very similar setups.
>>>

>> Could you try the latest version of mod-gearman? I fixed some potential memory leacks which may occure in case
>> of connection errors.
>>
>> Sven

Looks like it’s still swelling.. after ~19 hours..

nagios   16235  4.0 22.1 2228644 1784744 ?     Ssl  May12  47:16 /usr/bin/naemon -d /etc/naemon/naemon.cfg

1746MB resident.

Here’s the output of naemon -s…
----
Naemon Core 0.8.0
Copyright (c) 2013-present Naemon Core Development Team and Community Contributors
Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Nagios Core Development Team and Community Contributors
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
Last Modified: 02-13-2014
License: GPL

Website: http://www.naemon.org
Timing information on object configuration processing is listed
below.  You can use this information to see if precaching your
object configuration would be useful.

Object Config Source: Config files (uncached)

OBJECT CONFIG PROCESSING TIMES      (* = Potential for precache savings with -u option)
----------------------------------
Read:                 0.287403 sec
Resolve:              0.009606 sec  *
Recomb Contactgroups: 0.000883 sec  *
Recomb Hostgroups:    0.000067 sec  *
Dup Services:         0.039528 sec  *
Recomb Servicegroups: 0.000271 sec  *
Duplicate:            0.000001 sec  *
Inherit:              0.008244 sec  *
Register:             0.033253 sec
Free:                 0.005898 sec
                      ============
TOTAL:                0.385155 sec  * = 0.014650 sec (3.80%) estimated savings

Timing information on configuration verification is listed below.

CONFIG VERIFICATION TIMES
----------------------------------
Object Relationships: 0.008161 sec
Circular Paths:       0.004970 sec
Misc:                 0.000239 sec
                      ============
TOTAL:                0.013370 sec

RETENTION DATA TIMES
----------------------------------
Read and Process:     0.447634 sec
                      ============
TOTAL:                0.447634 sec

EVENT SCHEDULING TIMES
-------------------------------------
Get service info:        0.028497 sec
Get host info info:      0.001519 sec
Get service params:      0.000009 sec
Schedule service times:  0.080163 sec
Schedule service events: 0.011257 sec
Get host params:         0.000001 sec
Schedule host times:     0.005559 sec
Schedule host events:    0.001298 sec
                         ============
TOTAL:                   0.128303 sec

Projected scheduling information for host and service checks
is listed below.  This information assumes that you are going
to start running Nagios with your current config files.

HOST SCHEDULING INFORMATION
---------------------------
Total hosts:                     1177
Total scheduled hosts:           1177
Host inter-check delay method:   SMART
Average host check interval:     300.00 sec
Host inter-check delay:          0.25 sec
Max host check spread:           30 min
First scheduled check:           Tue May 13 13:57:18 2014
Last scheduled check:            Tue May 13 14:02:17 2014

SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
-------------------------------
Total services:                     9712
Total scheduled services:           9712
Service inter-check delay method:   SMART
Average service check interval:     300.00 sec
Inter-check delay:                  0.03 sec
Interleave factor method:           SMART
Average services per host:          8.25
Service interleave factor:          9
Max service check spread:           30 min
First scheduled check:              Tue May 13 13:57:18 2014
Last scheduled check:               Tue May 13 14:02:18 2014

CHECK PROCESSING INFORMATION
Average check execution time:    0.29s
Estimated concurrent checks:     15 (1.88 per cpu core)
Max concurrent service checks:   Unlimited

PERFORMANCE SUGGESTIONS