[naemon-dev] Naemon daemon memory utilization

Andreas Ericsson ageric79 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 16:16:39 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-08 16:45, Jason Cook wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2014, at 3:59 PM, Sven Nierlein <Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/4/14 19:22, Jason Cook wrote:
>>> Just as an FYI, memory usage is swelling with current mod_gearman
>>> from the nagios4 branch of git..
>>>

>> The nagios4 branch is outdated. You can use the master branch.
>>
>> Sven
>
> To follow-up on this - memory size is still swelling with latest git
> snapshots of both Naemon and mod_gearman. Whether it’s specifically a
> mod_gearman issue or a Naemon issue - I can’t say. Just that it
> happens with mod_gearman and does not without it.

Heya Jason. Long time no see. How's things?

I'm a bit late to the party here. For some reason I just got a huge
blast of emails today that didn't show up earlier, and this was one of
them.

It appears that mod_gearman is to blame here at least, or the problem
would happen even without it. Are you using the embedded perl features
of mod_gearman? If so, can you try disabling them? I know that some
versions of perl makes embedding perl leak like mad, even though the
code used to embed it is flawless in itself. That's the primary reason
we removed it entirely from Naemon.

/Andreas