[naemon-dev] el7 testing

Daniel Wittenberg dwittenberg2008 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 07:36:08 CET 2014

So the rpm builds are going good now.  I found during the install thruk has some issues:

/etc/init.d/httpd condrestart

This doesn’t exist on an el7 because it uses systemd so I assume fedora systems will break with this too, probably want to check for systemctl and use that if it’s there.

Also as I saw before, the new init script has issues with restarts from the new code.  When you try and do a restart it will hang for a few minutes before it continues, so definitely some work to do there, or maybe best thing is just replace it with a real systemctl script for that platform and that will probably fix it too.  I’ll do some more work on that tomorrow.

Hopefully I should have some more free time after next Saturday, got a big personal project been working on so would like to jump into probably the documentation part and at least get that ball rolling.

Otherwise it’s looking pretty good on that front!

Dan