[naemon-dev] next release?

Andreas Ericsson ageric79 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 10:30:23 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-18 12:57, Sven Nierlein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any news on this? The Debian team is thinking about replacing Nagios with Naemon,
> but asked for a stable 1.0 release for this. Schedule would be end of august
> at the lastest.
> Can we do this? The Gui part is completed. Livestatus is also ok.

Let me get the timeperiod patches in and then go for 1.0. I should be
done with that this week.

I'll rip out get_next_valid_time() and get_next_invalid_time(), bump
checks by their intended interval and when that interval comes around
we'll make a check to see if it's valid then. That'll get rid of the
DST bugs and the exceptionally slow restarts which only happen when
you have a multitude of hosts and services that are outside their
scheduled period due to exceptions in exclusions.

I'll actually leave them in to preserve API compatibility, but they
won't be used by anything and I'll mark them as obsoleted in the
headers.

/Andreas