[naemon-dev] livestatus commit

Anton Löfgren alofgren at op5.com
Mon Apr 21 19:19:29 CEST 2014

On 21 Apr 2014 18:22, "Daniel Wittenberg" <dwittenberg2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I've been working on the new Fedora builds, and I saw that livestatus.o doesn't get built anymore, and looking at this commit:
>
> https://github.com/naemon/naemon-livestatus/commit/a44772c48947e8314251f7a90f456054c6bc00e5#diff-480477e89f9b6ddafb30c4383dcdd705
>
> It appears to be on purpose, so I guess I'm curious what the plan is with this and how do we get it fixed so we can move forward with the builds and getting this included in Fedora, I'm also assuming this is breaking our normal builds too.

Hey Dan!

It is intentional. A few of us discussed this at some length last week
over at #naemon-devel. I would think (or hope, rather) that Fedora
prefers objects to be correctly named, either way.

The reason for the build breaking is not that the suffix has changed,
however. The patchset you linked adds a new dependency in form of
libicu which allows us to do filtering with unicode-enabled regular
expressions. And there, as they say, is your problem:

(https://travis-ci.org/naemon/naemon/builds/23435298)
checking for LIBICU... no

checking for LIBICU... no

configure: WARNING: no pc file found for libicu; then :

<snip>

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
-I/home/travis/build/naemon/naemon/naemon-livestatus/../naemon-core
-g -O2 -MT CustomVarsColumn.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/CustomVarsColumn.Tpo
-c -o CustomVarsColumn.o CustomVarsColumn.cc

In file included from CustomVarsColumn.cc:28:0:

CustomVarsFilter.h:32:27: fatal error: unicode/regex.h: No such file
or directory

Just adding the correct deps (libicu) to the spec should set things
straight. If it doesn't, please let me know and I'll be happy to help
out.

By the way, without having had a look, if we are shipping a default
config containing a "broker_module=<path>/livestatus.o" for naemon, we
might want to add a %post that adjusts that path for upgraded system
to point at the new livestatus module name. Either that, or add a
symlink. Though I'm not personally too fond of the latter approach.

As a small digression, I think this is another reason why keeping the
spec together with the package (naemon-livestatus in this case) is a
good idea. At least for me, it would've increased the likelihood of me
adding the dependencies to the spec, since not doing so would likely
have caused the build to bomb (directly, instead of indirectly). Just
saying.

Hope that helps you get things sorted out. And again, don't hesitate
to contact me if I can help.

/Anton