configuration directory

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Mon Sep 2 21:20:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

i'm a Mageia distribution packager, and i'm maintaining some event broker
modules.

since these are packaged seperately we're trying to get things to work out-of-
the-box for our users, specifically adding event brokers in the configuration
file for nagios.

the problem we're facing is that: We don't want a nagios addon package to
rewrite the configuration file itself. however, we would like to add the event
broker (or other settings) and then reload/restart nagios.

a beneficial thing would be a configuration directory (much like it exists with
hosts and commands and stuff like that) but for the main nagios configuration
file.

and if while we're at it, to have multiple directories, where
/usr/share/nagios/nagios.d/ has the "defaults" which can be overridden in
/etc/nagios.d/ (for instance) (this is a convention that's growing in use)

I can try to start making a patch for this, but i'm asking about this first, in
order to find out if it makes a chance of getting accepted.

Regards,

Maarten