Nagios Core 3.5.0rc1

eponymous alias eponymousalias at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 02:45:35 CET 2013

This issue is presumably of no great consequence, but it ought
to be fixed along the way.  I found it today while looking for
something else.

Between Nagios 3.3.0 and 3.3.1, certain lines got dropped from
base/checks.c, that made calls to delete_check_result_file().
However, there was also an accompanying log message that claims
the check result file is deleted, and that log message was not
also removed.  That message is now line 205 in base/checks.c
in the 3.5.0rc1 release.  It should now be removed, as all
check result file deletion now appears be done only from within
base/utils.c code.  So if there is still a need for such a
message, it should be moved closer to where the file is
actually deleted.  If not, the message can simply go away.