ADAPTIVE CHECK CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND

Javier Garces Asensio javier.garces at ehu.es
Mon Jan 14 09:36:38 CET 2013

Hello everybody

First, I don´t know if this is the most appropriate list to send this
message because I’m not a developer but I’ve send it to the nagios-user list
but I have not gotten any response,

I would like to use the external command change_svc_check_command to change
dinamically the warning and critical values of the checks.
However it doesn´t work
I think the cause that it doesn't work is the modification introduced in the
version 3.0.6 (Disabled adaptive check and eventhandler commands for
security reasons ) as you can see in the URL:

http://www.nagios.org/projects/nagiosco ... ry/core-3x
<http://www.nagios.org/projects/nagioscore/history/core-3x>

I’m using the 3.2.1 version.
In this version and also in the latest version 3.4.3, I can see the next
source code in the base/commands.c file

/* SECURITY PATCH - disable these for the time being */
switch(cmd) {
case CMD_CHANGE_GLOBAL_HOST_EVENT_HANDLER:
case CMD_CHANGE_GLOBAL_SVC_EVENT_HANDLER:
case CMD_CHANGE_HOST_EVENT_HANDLER:
case CMD_CHANGE_SVC_EVENT_HANDLER:
case CMD_CHANGE_HOST_CHECK_COMMAND:
case CMD_CHANGE_SVC_CHECK_COMMAND:
return ERROR;
}

I guess if I delete the above code, the external command
change_svc_check_command will work

Is not recommended to enable this external command?
Why was it disabled in the version 3.0.6? This is not resolved in the latest
version?
I haven´t found any official documentation about this

Thanks