Arguments to check commands (including macros)

Paul Dubuc work at paul.dubuc.org
Wed Feb 27 16:47:10 CET 2013

William Leibzon wrote:
> Don't use macros as arguments to commands at service definition. I
> don't think this was ever documented in nagios 3 as being ok either
> even if it worked....

I sure hope this continues to work.  I think it allows us to write much
simpler command objects that can more easily be reused by different services.
  Command definitions are often kept in a separate file.  It makes the service
definition much more readable and maintainable if all the service specific
args (including user defined macros which are defined in the service
definition or a template used by it) are passed to the command in the service
definition.

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb