Bug report: downtimes beyond 2038 cause event queue errors

Anton Löfgren alofgren at op5.com
Mon Apr 8 08:26:44 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:

> On 04/05/2013 09:41 AM, Anton Löfgren wrote:
>
>> For the record, the following patch identically triggers the faults on my
>> x86_64 Arch installation (where time_t normally is a quad word).
>>

> Well, yes. You're explicitly casting it to a 32-bit value but it can't
> hold that much so it gets truncated.

Right. The point I was trying to make was merely that it indeed seems like
an integer overflow is causing the issue Ton Voon's experiencing. I'm sorry
for the noise if that had already established as fact.

> But CentOS 5 really shouldn't have
> 32-bit time_t, and especially not on 64-bit archs, so I don't know
> where it's getting its cast from.

Indeed - it'd be great to have some more information on what structs are
actually being used on his system. Along, possibly, with whichever build
flags were used to build his CentOS Nagios installation