nsca 2.9 ubuntu compile fix

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Jan 12 09:44:36 CET 2012

On 01/11/2012 09:31 PM, Kyle O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried compiling nsca 2.9 on my ubuntu 10.04.3 (64bit) system and it
> would fail.  After some googling I found the problem... there was a
> permission bit option missing.
>
> Here is the patch if anyone is interested:

SYNOPSIS
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/stat.h>
       #include <fcntl.h>

       int open(const char *pathname, int flags);
       int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode);

Your installation should accept open() calls with only two arguments, so
it seems as though it's broken and the patch should be dropped. If the
permission argument is missing, it uses (0777 & umask) for permissions.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

RSA(R) Conference 2012
Mar 27 - Feb 2