nagios check_* and files limits

Ian Orszaczki ian at griggle.net
Thu Dec 6 00:53:25 CET 2012

Hi, we had the same problem and tried to solve it with limits.d but it
doesn't seem to work when nagios starts from the init script.

So we added ulimits commands to the init script and it works.

# Set limits for openfiles and processes as it is not inherited from
limits.d
ulimit -H -n  131072
ulimit -S -n  131072

ulimit -H -u  16384