Call for configs

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Aug 27 15:36:54 CEST 2012

Hi everyone. Sorry for crossposting.

As some of you may have noticed, the Nagios 4 development is well
under way and introduces some changes in how we parse object config.
Primarily in order to make it a whole lot faster, which it's in dire
need of at the moment.

Anyways.. I'm looking for Nagios configurations to help me verify
that what I'm doing isn't breaking anything with regards to object
config.

I could generate configs (and I have), but there are so many various
options that I can't possibly create all possible permutations that
work all possible features of the Nagios configuration, so I've
decided to fall back to lazy mode and see if anyone wants to step up
and send me their configurations directly.

I've created a small scriptlet that will let you anonymize most of
your configuration, which can be downloaded from here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/83439435/scripts/nagios-anonymizer.sh

It won't replace your *_name variables, because doing that in a
sensible manner requires individually hashing all of them and then
replacing them with their hashed versions, and verifying a config
like that is just a huge pain in the butt, but addresses, email
addresses, pager numbers, aliases and all command information is
wiped completely clean. The resource.cfg file isn't even included,
so any and all passwords or secrets stored there will be left where
it is.

Thanks for helping out :)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.