vanished bug numbers in the nagios mantis tracker

William Leibzon william at leibzon.org
Fri Aug 3 19:23:42 CEST 2012

I second this too. We need ability for event brokers to easily add/modify
data (without having to register it as a macro variable) and for scripted
event handlers to add data too (in this case macro variables is ok) in a
somewhat similar manner. I'm willing to provide a patch.

I'm also still planning to provide a patch that would add text STOREDDATA
in addition to STATUSDATA and PERFDATA as something that plugins can
return. This will be after another "|" separator making plugins that use
this incompatible with earlier versions of nagios. I'm hoping to deal with
it through library that would check on the version of nagios and otherwise
just output this as PERFDATA variable (at least that's what my plugins
would do as that's what they are doing now)