Log USERNAME when DISABLING/ENABLING checks/notifications...

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Apr 5 22:46:24 CEST 2012

On 04/05/2012 04:44 AM, Deepak Kosaraju wrote:
> Hi All I don't know the technical reason why Nagios developers didn't
> thought about this:

Because it can't be trusted, so it's not really worth anything. It
can be doable so it's trusted in future versions, and then we will
most likely add it. That can't be done until we change logging
version though, which most likely won't be done until Nagios 4. As a
consolation, Nagios 4 probably isn't that far off.

> I know its not a standard syntax for Username to be as part of
> DISABLING/ENABLING checks/notifications but it would be nice if your
> team can start thinking about add it as feature in next releases of
> Nagios.
>
> Its really giving us HARD time to know who trigger the DISABLE and
> ENABLE checks/notifications among the teams.
>
> This should apply to BOTH: HOST/SERVICE type of DISABLE/ENABLE
> external commands.

It's likely we add this to all external commands rather than just some
of them. It's easier to discard the information once it's there than it
is to figure it out after you realize you need it, and it makes the code
simpler and therefore faster and less prone to bugs.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

resolution app monitoring today. Free.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-dev2dev