RFC/RFP: Service parents

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at LINworks.de
Wed May 18 13:11:52 CEST 2011

On 05/18/2011 12:09 PM, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> A service that returns OK when its parent has returned non-OK is
> obviously misconfigured (since it really shouldn't be ok with a non-OK
> parent)

Probably just a tangent, but I strongly disagree with this statement.
You *don't* want to try and parse a complex web page for the
marketing-dpt-configurable, non-User-Experience-disrupting error message
du jour when you can just check the handful data-providing backend
services directly via their well-defined interfaces.

[<rant> Sometimes I wonder whether we should switch logfiles to HTML to
get web developers interested in what they write to them. >:-C </rant>]

Kind regards,
								J. Bern
--
Jochen Bern, Systemingenieur --- LINworks GmbH <http://www.LINworks.de/>
Postfach 100121, 64201 Darmstadt | Robert-Koch-Str. 9, 64331 Weiterstadt

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay