RFC/RFP: Service parents

lists lists at catsnest.co.uk
Tue May 17 14:14:30 CEST 2011

You can probally ask these questions your self but...
If my understanding of this is correct, How will this work in a
templated environment?
eg Will the parent service be configured via a hostname / service name pair
Or just a service name, that Nagios will look on the applied host to find?
(I ask as we use host templates to apply service to hosts).

I am probably being very anal here, would this situation work?
Host

     - service0 NRPE -->
                  -- service1 App check1
                  -- service2 App check2

     - service3 HTTP check1
     - service4 HTTP check2

Could we have "HTTP check1" depend on "App check1" but not "NRPE"?

eg NRPE dies so service1 alerts are suppressed, but "service3" will
alert if needed.
    But if "App check1" fails (but not NRPE) "HTTP check1" will not alert?
--
Ritchie